There are several common reasons why you may not be able to take out a Float:
- Your account balance is too low: Currently, we do not issue Floats to accounts with an available or current balance of less than $0.00 due to previous fraud attempts. If the app is showing a balance below $0, but there is now money in your bank account, please wait a few hours and try again. FloatMe relies on bank balance information provided by your bank to update the balance in app. Most banks send updated information multiple times daily.
- You already have an outstanding Float or account is not in good standing: If you have taken out a Float and it has not yet been repaid and processed, you will not be able to take a new one out. In addition, your membership (subscription) must be in good standing.
- Consistent pay: We require at least 3 consecutive and uninterrupted recurring deposits of $200.00 or more, each from the same employer in order to qualify you for an advance.
- Debit card linked to bank account with direct deposit: Your connected debit card must be directly tied to the banking institution you've authorized and receive direct deposit with.
- High ATM withdrawals or transfers the day of or after payday: It can be difficult to maintain funds in your account after payday, but we have to see that you normally have a cash cushion in your bank account in order to repay any floats made. Having history of repeatedly transferring to services like Cash App, Venmo, or withdrawing a large portion of your paycheck at the ATM can cause your account to be ineligible for floats.
- You recently changed your bank account or job: If you changed your bank account or job, your ability to take out a Float may be temporarily disabled until our system verifies that your account is receiving direct deposits from your employer.
- Your account has violated our Terms of Service or has been Banned: If you believe a ban is in error, you may contact email@example.com and request a review.
If none of these apply, there may be something else causing the issue. Please file a support ticket if that is the case.